As a Team Lead in the Residential Conveyancing team you will undertake and also supervise fee earning work within the Department while also being able to work independently on all aspects of Residential Conveyancing fee earning work. The work we do is important because we impact upon many people’s lives, every day. We have a responsibility to ensure that strong values guide us in everything we do.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive results we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- Ensure fee earning work is undertaken in accordance with the Firm’s quality and risk management procedures and in accordance with external regulations
- Ensure proper progress of work in relation to work in progress, billing and cash collection
- Provide supervision and mentoring to junior and qualified fee earners both qualified and unqualified
- Conduct regular appraisals with unqualified and qualified fee earning colleagues
- Conduct file reviews for each of the fee earners in the team
- Attend practice review meetings and ensure identified actions are followed through
- Be effective in developing new work and assist and support on practice specific business development opportunities
- Supporting Head of Practice with risk, governance and compliance issues to ensure risk controls remain effective and also ensure credence given to Company’s Risk Charter
- Supporting Head of Practice with people management issues as and when needed
- Liaising with Company’s shared services functions to ensure cash/billing targets and WIP reports are carried out in a timely manner
- At least 3-5 years’ PQE preferably more
- Qualified solicitor/conveyancer
- Proven track record in managing people
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number GM5406.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.