Travel/Cross border litigation, Manchester
The Slater & Gordon specialist travel litigation department is a dynamic and innovative place to work. We are passionate about becoming the largest, industry leading travel litigation department in the country and our travel claims solicitors have extensive expertise securing compensation for victims of serious incidents abroad.
As part of our continued growth, we now have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced foreign jurisdiction fee earner to join us at this time in this well established and successful department.
Responsibilities to include;
- Providing the highest level of client care across a broad spectrum of cases
- Dealing with a broad variety of cross border injury cases including serious road traffic accidents, injury arising out of cosmetic surgery, terrorist incidents and homicides
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively, meeting set deadlines, complying with precedents, letters or documents on the case management system
- Handling all the financial aspects of matters including time recording, billing and debtor management in order to achieve your personal fee budget
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Where required you will also delegate work to more junior fee earners and legal support staff to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and court, or other, deadlines are adhered to
- Participating, with other senior fee earners in marketing activities including networking
- As well as possessing experience in a similar role, applicants should be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the personal injury and cross border litigation
- Strong commercial awareness and a good level of understanding of the relative law is required
- Strong IT skills including experience of using case management systems
- In terms of the key competencies that are required in this role, we are looking for someone who is proactive and who has the ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively as well as the ability to delegate work accordingly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Languages would be a distinct advantage
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send your CV and cover letter to Jodie.email@example.com quoting JB5438 in the subject line.