As a Solicitor in the Residential Conveyancing team you will manage client matters to provide a high level of client care whilst maintaining adherence to our National Practice Standards. Manages relationships with internal and external parties to ensure matters are dealt with in the appropriate way. The work we do is important because we impact upon many people’s lives, every day. We have a responsibility to ensure that strong values guide us in everything we do.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive results we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- Providing the highest level of client care in the management of client matters
- Overseeing all the financial aspects of matters including time recording, billing and debtor management in order to achieve your personal fee budget
- Ensure fee earning work is undertaken in accordance with the Firm’s quality and risk management procedures and in accordance with external regulations
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively, meeting set deadlines, complying with precedents, letters or documents on the case management system
- Where required you will also delegate work to more junior fee earners and legal support staff to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and court, or other, deadlines are adhered to
- Participating, with other senior fee earners in marketing activities including networking
- Knowledge and experience within a similar area of Law
- Qualified Solicitor or Conveyancer
- The ability to successfully manage an individual billing target
- Experience of working to key performance indicators
- A willingness to actively drive and encourage cross referrals
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- An adaptable approach and the ability to foster a culture of positive change
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number GM5075.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.