We are currently recruiting for a talented, individual to join our first class, specialist clinical negligence team in Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients. Our team of clinical negligence solicitors are experts in dealing with NHS and medical negligence claims ranging from medical misdiagnosis to amputation, cancer, nerve injury, spine injury, birth injury, head/brain injury and negligence claims against doctors, surgeons and hospitals.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include;
- You will run challenging cases from start to finish, assist senior team members with complex files
- Providing the highest level of client care in the management of client matters
- Overseeing all the financial aspects of matters including time recording, billing and debtor management in order to achieve your personal fee budget
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively, meeting set deadlines, complying with precedents, letters or documents on the case management system
- Participating in marketing activities including networking
- Clinical Negligence experience would be a distinct advantage however applicants with a strong personal injury background will also be considered
- Strong commercial awareness and a good level of understanding of the relative law is required
- A good law degree or legal academic background such as ILEX study & LLM or LPC
- Proven ability of nurturing and developing professional networks, both internally and externally would be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent client care and communication skills are essential
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number JB5362.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.