Slater and Gordon have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Employment Solicitor who will be responsible for a varied Employment caseload acting for claimants only. Ideally, this would be a claimant lawyer, we would also be happy to consider applications from respondent lawyers. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly rated and established team of specialists, based in our Manchester office.
Responsibilities to include:
- Maintaining a caseload and overseeing the file management of complex cases
- Supporting Senior Fee earners with more complex case work
- Providing the highest level of client care, advice and representation to our clients
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively and ensuring that set deadlines are met
- Actively role modelling our values of ‘Do it Right’, ‘Take the Lead’ and ‘Work Well with Others’
- Achieving time recording and billing targets
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the Employment market
- Ideally someone with civil procedure experience
- Good commercial awareness
- Someone who is proactive and who has the ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships
What we offer in return
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number 4427.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.