Slater and Gordon are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Legal Assistant to join our Military Team. The role is primarily to provide high level administrative support to fee earners within the practice group ensuring that all duties are completed promptly and efficiently. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, organised Legal Assistant to work alongside Industry Leaders at one of the UK’s largest law firms.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive instructions we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Preparing court documents
- Typing and data entry
- Answering incoming calls on behalf of the team
- Arranging meetings and maintaining diaries
- Providing administrative support to nominated fee earner(s)
- Maintaining files from opening to archiving
- Effectively handling post (incoming, outgoing and filing)
- Undertaking court work, such as completing court forms
- Conducting legal research
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ideally experience working with Case Management Systems
- Excellent typing skills
- A willingness to learn and must be a quick learner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number KO5091.