We are currently looking for a procurement co-ordinator to undertake a range of procurement tasks in our flagship centrally located office in Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an interest or experience in procurement to join a small team and contribute to the development of the function.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Collaborating data and information from all business entities
- Managing the new supplier request process start to completion
- Working with Shared Services where necessary to support formal tender processes
- Reviewing and maintaining the contracts and tenders database and associated legal documentation
- Contributing to procurement projects in line with set targets and timescales
- Ensuring initiatives are developed, researched externally and tested within the business
- Undertaking due diligence to ensure that ‘preferred’ suppliers satisfy the firms selection criteria/benchmarks
- Supporting the production of tender documentation to ensure that requirements are clearly defined and understood
- Assisting the National Procurement Manager with the on-going management of ‘national’ contracts to ensure that the firms supply base continues to operate in accordance with its contractual obligations
- Previous experience in Procurement or a related discipline
- Good analytical skills with an ability to undertake research assignments
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Experience of engaging with business stakeholders to understand procurement/supply requirements
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Good level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment while demonstrating flexibility to adjust to changing work priorities.
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number AL5443.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.