We are currently recruiting for a talented, Principal Lawyer to join our first class, specialist clinical negligence team in our flagship office in Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, successful Solicitor who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients. Our team of clinical negligence solicitors are experts in dealing with NHS and medical negligence claims ranging from medical misdiagnosis to amputation, cancer, nerve injury, spine injury, birth injury, head/brain injury and negligence claims against doctors, surgeons and hospitals.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive results we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Managing your own, varied caseload and files in-line with National Practice Standards and complying with precedents
- Quickly identify complex legal issues
- Develop legal strategy in new or complex legal areas
- Lead other lawyers in strategy development
- draft complex documentation with limited reliance on Counsel
- Works with clients and referral sources in such a way that work continues to be referred to the firm
- Cost budgeting
- Delegating to more junior fee earners and legal support staff in order to meet required deadlines as well as providing supervision when required
- Marketing and networking initiatives to help develop further business
- Clinical Negligence experience would be a distinct advantage however applicants with a strong personal injury background will also be considered
- Has ability to clearly explain to less experienced lawyers complex legal matters/strategies
- A good law degree or legal academic background such as ILEX study & LLM or LPC
- Proven ability of nurturing and developing professional networks, both internally and externally would be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships
Ability to conduct interlocutory hearing and undertake general appearance work
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting JB5135 in the subject line. Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.