The Court of Protection is a specialist court which is responsible for individuals who lack the mental capacity to manage their own property and affairs or to make decisions about their welfare. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to progress within a leading law firm.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assisting running payrolls through KCS/Sage
- Inputting hours from the timesheets submitted into the payroll system and checking each payslip before payment is made
- Paying support workers net pay and monthly HMRC payments through CHITS
- Updating monthly control spreadsheets from reports created after each payroll produced
- Posting payslips and sending copy of payslips on request
- Getting involved with how NEST pension works and sending out letters
- Liaising with Case Managers to request timesheets for pay day and answering queries regarding timesheets
- Issuing offer letters and DBS application forms
- Applying for references, and reviewing incoming references
- Reviewing completed DBS application forms and identification, and chasing up missing information
- Previous payroll experience would be advantageous
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to think logically and analytically
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of organisation skills and the ability to prioritise
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number AL5262.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.