We are currently recruiting for an ambitious, career focused paralegal or litigation executive to join our top performing, industrial disease team that specialise in exposure cases and challenging claims.
This presents an exciting opportunity for a talented individual who is keen to develop their career dealing with multi-track, complex cases issued in the High Court with an emphasis on asbestos related diseases such as Mesothelioma. You will also have the opportunity to conduct with support some fast track litigated industrial disease cases.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assisting senior lawyers with complex industrial disease cases
- Running a small fast track caseload
- Instructing experts
- dealing with disclosure including but not limited to applying for and analysing medical records
- Preparing court bundles
- Updating the case management system
- Administrative duties
- Interviewing witnesses and drafting witness statements
- Attending client meetings
- Attending conferences and Court to sit behind Counsel
- Drafting pleadings, interlocutory applications, directions questionnaires
- You should also possess previous experience gained at a law firm and exposure to assisting with litigated files
- LPC or equivalent
- You will have a passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care and possess a keen interest in Personal Injury
- The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people both verbally as well as in writing is also integral to this role as are strong IT skills
- Please also note that we are proud to say that ours are busy teams and so you will need to be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment by prioritising your work to meet competing deadlines
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send your CV and cover letter to: Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote JB5235 in the subject line.