We are currently recruiting a talented Litigation Executive to join our Travel department based in our Manchester City Centre office. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join one of the UK’s largest Personal Injury firms. The Slater & Gordon Travel team is a dynamic and innovative place to work in. We are passionate about becoming the largest travel team in the country and our Travel Claims Solicitors have extensive expertise securing compensation for people injured in life changing accidents or illness abroad.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of our results and the unfailing support we provide to our seriously injured clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Collating and assessing evidence to consider new client enquiries
- Supporting clients by explaining the funding of claims
- Managing a modest volume of pre litigated and litigated foreign claims
- Assisting our solicitors with serious and specialist injury and illness cases
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively, meeting set deadlines, complying with precedents, letters or documents on the case management system
- You should possess previous experience gained at a law firm and exposure to assisting with Fast Track and Multi Track or Catastrophic Injury cases
- You will have a passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care and possess a keen interest in Personal Injury
- You should also possess previous experience gained at a law firm and exposure to assisting with or managing your own caseload within PI
- The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people both verbally as well as in writing is also integral to this role as are strong IT skills
- Strong commercial awareness and a good level of understanding of the relative law is required
- Languages would be an advantage but not essential
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm as well as immediate exposure to the best quality work within the serious injury field.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number JB5436.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.