Our award winning Employment team is one of the largest and most highly regarded in the UK. Ranked Tier 1 in the Legal 500 our Lawyers are experts in every aspect of Employment Law. This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to pursue a legal career.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Providing administrative support to fee earners to include managing and maintaining files from opening to archiving
- Handling incoming and outgoing post
- Being the initial point of contact for telephone calls, handling enquiries and taking messages
- Preparing letters with guidance
- Assisting fee earners with billing, so maintaining financial records and assisting with bill preparation
- Undertaking legal research, preparing of LOD and lodging documents at court
- Preparing settlement agreement reports
- Following up any outstanding costs and ensuring the prompt payment in of cheques received
- Strong interest in a legal career
- Efficient time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number AL5162.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.