We are currently looking for a legal assistant to join the ELPL department in our Manchester office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to start their legal career and gain experience in one of the UK’s largest Personal Injury firms.
Are you passionate about the quality of service you provide to your clients? Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
Responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring steps are run in order to correctly close files
- Dealing with incoming emails and acting upon the same appropriately.
- Chasing relevant parties for required information in order to progress the claim
- Dealing with post from internal system and relevant post
- Drafting documents and assist with letter writing
- Ensuring all information on a case is accurately and promptly entered onto the database
- Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested
- Passionate about pursuing a legal career
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to learn
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as effectively, as part of a team
What we offer in return
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number AL5150.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.