Slater and Gordon are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our Residential Conveyancing Team in Manchester and be responsible for the day-to-day finance processes. This is an excellent opportunity to develop finance skills in a busy operational department.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring that the billing function is performed efficiently on files that are ready for closure.
- Transferring client funds to settle outstanding invoices.
- Posting of all entries to accounting system to be completed on day of transaction.
- Posting AP Disbursement invoices and recording of payments due to be made to creditors
- Resolving any invoice discrepancies
- Investigating client balances on files marked for closure
- Liaising with Fee Earners/Secretaries on a regular basis regarding billing queries
- Ensuring that all filing is maintained
- Ensuring that Billing Deadlines are met
- Other ad hoc duties as instructed
- Knowledge of accounting processes would be advantageous
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills e.g. Word & Outlook
- The ability to work to numerous deadlines
- A proactive approach
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills
- A willingness to learn
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting AL5401 in the subject line.