We are currently looking for a facilities assistant to perform a wide range of facilities tasks in our flagship centrally located office in Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with facilities experience to join a leading law firm.
Responsibilities to include:
- Health and Safety including DSE assessments, manual handling and H&S checks
- Identifying and reporting maintenance issues and carrying out appropriate risk assessments with contractors and engineers on site through permits to work
- Ordering of stationary and supplies, managing stock levels and distributing as and when required
- Managing the incoming/outgoing mail and courier deliveries/collections in accordance with site procedures
- Reacting to and recording requests made through the FM helpdesk
- Photocopying and off-site storage management of files
- Management of physical security access systems
- Assisting with department/office relocations
- Undertaking any other duties as required as part of a national facilities team
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Adept at using Microsoft office programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure when faced with conflicting priorities
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience of working in a customer facing role with excellent written and spoken communication skills
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number AL5459.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.