Slater and Gordon currently have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Solicitor who is looking to join a successful and growing COP department in Central Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with Court of Protection experience or similar to expand their career with one of the UK’s largest, top ranking law firms.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive results we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Preparing all types of applications to the court of protection
- assisting in the purchase of properties and adapting them for the needs of the client
- Supervising and overseeing personal finances
- Liaising with case managers, medical professionals and specialists
- Preparing trustee resolutions
- Assisting the team to develop the business further
- Exceptional client relationship skills
- The ability to understand the range and type of client
- Identify their specific needs and have empathy with vulnerable individuals
- Experience in Court of Protection is ideal however extensive experience of catastrophic personal injury or private client work would be a distinct advantage
- The ability to multi task ensuring that time recording and billing targets are met.
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number JB4308.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.