Slater and Gordon are currently recruiting for a Support Paralegal to join our Military Team. The role is primarily to provide high level support on all aspects of case handling to fee earners within the practice group ensuring that all duties are completed promptly and efficiently. This role would be an ideal ‘stepping stone’ for an experienced legal secretary or assistant who wants to move into more of a paralegal role in time.
This role involves you working very closely with the fee earners in the team to ensure the best possible experience for our clients, many of whom are vulnerable and have serious illnesses. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, organised assistant/paralegal to work alongside Industry Leaders at one of the UK’s largest law firms.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Preparing court documents and bundles
- Drafting documents independently
- Requesting records and organising appointments
- Conducting basic legal research
- Answering incoming calls on behalf of the team
- Speaking to clients and providing updates
- Arranging meetings and maintaining diaries
- Undertaking court work, such as completing court forms and lodging within deadlines
- Some typing and data entry
- Handling of post (incoming, outgoing)
- Providing administrative support to nominated fee earner(s)
- Maintaining files from opening to archiving
- Legal knowledge in the form of either Law Degree, CILEX training or time served experience in the field
- Knowledge of personal injury claims process and handling
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ideally experience working with Case Management Systems
- Strong drafting and typing skills
- A willingness to learn and must be a quick learner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and take sole responsibility for certain tasks
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists, working on high profile and rewarding cases and the fantastic opportunity to develop own skills to have a successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number KO5091.