Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Provide administrative support to nominated fee earner(s) as directed to ensure effective and efficient administration, management and maintenance of files from opening to archiving
- Effectively handle post (incoming, outgoing and filing). Ensure filing system is kept tidy and in accordance with National Practice Standards
- Screen telephone calls and take relevant messages or deal with enquiries where possible from clients, executives and others
- Independently prepare precedent letters, simple letters, attendances, and internal memoranda as appropriate and provide effective support, guidance and delegation to colleagues
- Court work: lodge documents and completion of court forms may be required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and relevant practice and business IT systems
- Understanding of legislation and legal process relevant to own Practice Group
- Excellent typing skills – 60 words per minute
- Secretarial qualifications would be a bonus
- A willingness to learn and must be a quick learner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please email you CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting JB5423 in the subject line.