Our award winning clinical negligence team are currently seeking a strong paralegal with clinical negligence experience to come in and support the fee earners. We are seeking a quick starter who can work autonomously and someone that is used to working in a fast paced environment with exceptional time management and organisational skills.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- Supporting senior fee earners on clinical negligence files to include; attending client meetings, arranging conferences and undertaking legal research
- Drafting documents and correspondence such as witness statements, letters of instruction, schedules of loss, instructions to counsel and orders
- Preparing court bundles
- Chasing documents such as medical records and reports
- Associated administration and updating the case management system
- There will also be the opportunity to handle some new case enquiries
- You will have a passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care and possess a keen interest in personal injury
- Knowledge and understanding of multi-track cases
- The ability to learn quickly and apply learning so you can work at pace and meet keen deadlines
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and ideally case management system experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A good law degree or legal academic background such as ILEX study & LLM or LPC graduates are very much encouraged to apply
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JB5117 in the subject line.