Our award winning Employment Team is one of the largest and most highly regarded in the UK. Ranked Tier 1 in the Legal 500 our Lawyers are experts in every aspect of Employment Law.
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join our Employment Team. The role is primarily to provide high level administrative support to fee earners within the practice group ensuring that all duties are completed promptly and efficiently. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, organised Legal Assistant to work alongside Industry Leaders at one of the UK’s largest law firms.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Providing administrative support to nominated fee earner(s) as directed to ensure effective and efficient administration, management and maintenance of files from opening to archiving.
- Screening telephone calls and take relevant messages or deal with enquiries where possible from clients, executives and others.
- Independently prepare precedent letters, simple letters, attendances, and internal memoranda as appropriate and provide effective support, guidance and delegation to colleagues.
- Court work: lodge documents and completion of court forms may be required.
- Conducting legal research.
- Assisting fee earner(s) with all billing requirements, maintaining financial records and assisting with bill preparation.
- Ensuring financial aspects of matters including time recording, billing and debtor management are managed, to support fee earners in the achievement of their personal fee budget.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ideally experience working with Case Management Systems (Tikit experience)
- Excellent typing skills
- A willingness to learn and must be a quick learner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number KO5467.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.