With our new CFO, Alison Wilford in place Slater and Gordon is looking to strengthen its finance team with the appointment of a Corporate Reporting Accountant. This is a key role with extensive autonomy, room for growth and exposure to many of our different business units.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Working with the Corporate Reporting team to produce year end consolidated financial reporting information
- Liaising with the auditors at year end
- Taking responsibility (as part of the team) for ensuring our audit compliance is completed
- Producing monthly reporting information and KPIs for inclusion in Board Report within tight deadlines
- Liaising with the wider group to prepare analysis that will be included in the Board Report
- Analysing and interrogating monthly results against budget
- Preparing monthly and annual group balance sheet reconciliations
- Understanding in depth, the Group accounting policies and methodology applied under both FRS 102 and IFRS
- Implementing new accounting standards including IFRS 9 & 16 and communicating this to the business units as well as senior management
- Liaising with senior management regarding the information required for financial year end and assisting in the production of reporting outputs
- Reviewing and implementing process improvements across the group
- Acting as the finance contact for one of the subsidiary companies, Adroit Financial Reporting Limited, preparing monthly management accounts and year end pack
- ACA/ACCA qualified with experience in professional or financial services
- 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience preparing consolidated statutory accounts
- Experience in a group reporting role would be advantageous
- Proactive and inquisitive mind set
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills
- Confident communicator
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number AL5247.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.