The Compliance Business Partner is a senior role with responsibility for ensuring all elements of professional standards and risk are integrated and managed within the legal services areas of the business.
Responsibilities to include:
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory and statutory developments with a particular focus on any issues which have a direct impact on the legal business.
- Assist the Head of Compliance in interpreting and responding to the implications or statutory, legal or regulatory changes affecting the CLS or PI division or legal market.
- Assist the COLP in undertaking internal investigations into suspected breaches of regulation.
- Ensure CLS or PI is provided with co-ordinated support and assistance from compliance and the wider Legal & Assurance team as appropriate
- Experience as a Lawyer in consumer legal service or personal injury practice areas
- Detailed knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements in a legal services business
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with ability to work flexibly in response to changing priorities
- A good self-manager who can take the initiative and be pro-active
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number GM4238.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.