To support the management of governance and risk management arrangements across Slater and Gordon group.
Practice / Group: Legal & Assurance
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Location: London
Position Reports To: Head of Governance, Regulation and Control
About Slater and Gordon
Slater and Gordon Lawyers is one of the UK’s largest and well known law firms with offices in a number of locations throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
The work we do is important because we impact upon many people’s lives, everyday. We have a responsibility to ensure that strong values guide us in everything we do. Our values are:
- Do it right
- Work well with others
- Take the lead
Governance, Regulation and Control sits within Group Shared Services. As part of the wider Legal & Assurance team we will oversee the successful implementation and maintenance of corporate governance, risk identification and risk management arrangements to provide effective oversight and enable Slater and Gordon to address ongoing regulatory changes and pressures.
We have an exciting opportunity for an administrator to join the team.
This is an exciting opportunity which offers exposure to a wide variety of governance, risk, compliance and audit work. You will have a key role in ensuring the group and its employees adhere to the relevant legal and regulatory requirements and that everyone provides the highest standard of service.
The following key accountabilities are relevant to the role of Administrator:
- Work with the Head of GRC and General Counsel to plan, prepare for and manage an annual schedule of reports and governance meetings
- Ensure records are kept up to date and provide document management coordination and support
- Coordinate and communicate updates
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Business Continuity plans
- Establish and maintain appropriate administration systems
- Diary management for reports and meetings/workshops with business units
- Track corrective action and improvement activities and post meeting actions to ensure implementation of decisions
- Coordinate the preparation and circulation of meeting agendas and formal reports
- Produce appropriate management information and contribute to the compilation of external reporting
- Provide administrative support in the implementation and management of the compliance, risk and audit programmes
- Assist in preparation of reports, management information and creation of slide packs for use by the various board, executive and committee meetings
- Assist in formulating and maintaining templates for reports and processes which relate to the tasks regularly undertaken by GRC
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Legal & Assurance management information
- Monitor regulatory changes and sector developments and maintain regulatory change registers
- To support GRC project activities as needed
- Develop, manage and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels across Legal & Assurance and in the wider Slater and Gordon Group
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with ability to work flexibly in response to changing priorities
- A good self-manager who can take the initiative and be pro-active
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Build strong relationships across the business
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of the Microsoft packages specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
- Proficiency using technology to enhance working practices
- Minute taking and drafting experience
Please note that this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required to take on additional responsibilities as and when requested.