We are currently looking for a number of Fee Earners to join the RTA Mainstream department in our Liverpool office. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with relevant ligation experience to join one of the UK’s largest law firms.
Responsibilities to include;
- Managing own case load from inception to completion
- Progressing all files proactively towards settlement in an efficient manner
- Assessing and securing the correct funding for the client
- Securing relevant medical reports
- Securing invoices from suppliers
- Securing interim payments and client agreements
- Obtaining the clients Schedule of Loss and any evidence required to support a claim
- Maintaining ledger entries to ensure all costs and disbursements are claimed
- Preparing cases appropriately for litigation and any hearings
- Providing post settlement case steps including the release of files to the enforcement team
- Minimise write offs and case closures due to AWOL client’s
- Pro-active housekeeping including prompt closure of files, dealing with ledger enquires and processing write offs
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of legal documents
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing a caseload of litigated matters
- Ability to manage fast track files from inception to completion
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Proven track record and strong billing history
- A professional approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works well in fast pace environment
- Excellent team worker
- Good IT skills including Microsoft office
What we offer in return
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number KO5512.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.