Slater and Gordon are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller assistant within the Finance team at our Liverpool Office. This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to build a career in finance within a leading international law firm.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Collating and compiling settlement packs for finance
- Reviewing cheques/BACs on a daily basis to check which are costs payments
- Producing the daily cash receipts update
- Updating the cash collection report
- Updating proclaim with details of settlements/interims and inserting tasks for the credit controllers
- Management of the interim and settlement mailboxes
- Logging/tracking accurately all queries generated in relation to payments received
- Liaising with the relevant finance departments with regards to cash transfers and billing queries
- Dealing with queries from both internal and external clients
- Experience in the legal industry would be beneficial but not essential
- Intermediate Excel skills and a good working knowledge of other MS packages
- A proactive, forward thinking approach with the ability to use own initiative
- The ability to understand the needs and expectations of internal/external clients
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy in work produced
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- Good organisational and time management skills allowing the ability to prioritise, plan and control own workloads
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number AL5178.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.