Slater and Gordon have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Employment Lawyer who will be responsible for providing advice on a wide range of matters to individual clients. Ideally, this would be a solicitor with experience acting on behalf of Claimants, however, we would also be happy to consider applications from Respondent lawyers who are interested in acting for Claimants. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of an established team of specialists.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Maintaining a caseload and overseeing the file management of complex cases. This includes advising on senior executive terminations, employment tribunal claim management and advice on employment contracts (such as post-termination restrictions).
- Supporting Senior Fee earners with more complex case work
- Providing the highest level of client care, advice and representation to our clients
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively and ensuring that set deadlines are met
- Engaging in Business Development activities
- As well as possessing experience in a similar role, applicants should be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the Employment market
- Ideally someone with civil procedure experience
- Ideally Scottish qualified
- Good commercial awareness
- Someone who is proactive and who has the ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- We are also keen to hear from applicants with advocacy and/or media experience. Acting only for employees, our lawyers regularly have requests from the media to speak about employment rights issues.
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting JB5275 in the subject line.