We are currently recruiting a talented Paralegal or Litigation Executive to join our personal injury team based in Edinburgh. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious legal professional to join one of the UK’s largest personal injury firms. The ideal candidate will have personal injury fee earning experience and a positive and proactive approach to work.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assisting with and handling a caseload of RTA and PI claims
- Drafting claims
- Obtaining medical evidence
- Valuing claims
- Negotiating settlements
- Instructing experts
- Preparing court bundles
- Updating the case management system
- You will have a passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care and possess a keen interest in Personal Injury
- You should also possess previous experience gained at a law firm and exposure to assisting with or managing your own caseload within PI
- The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people both verbally as well as in writing is also integral to this role as are strong IT skills
- Please also note that we are proud to say that ours are busy teams and so you will need to be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment by prioritising your work to meet competing deadlines
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference JB5140 in the subject line.