This is a varied role in which you will be responsible for sales and purchase ledgers, credit control duties and bookkeeping. This would be an ideal role for someone looking to progress their finance career with a successful law firm.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Checking and inputting medical purchase and sales invoices
- Assisting in the process of payments to suppliers, the posting of cash receipts and the processing of customer refunds
- Assisting with daily bank reconciliations to ensure all transactions are reconciled accurately
- Producing bank reconciliation reports within month end deadlines
- Assisting in the distribution of monthly statements and cash collection for all ledgers
- Assisting with the processing of approved write offs/ credit requests
- Assisting with the reconciliation of debtor and creditor ledgers and resolve any legacy issues
- Previous administration experience
- Finance experience would be desirable
- Experience using Sage 200/Sage 50 is desirable
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Good excel knowledge is desirable with the ability to use Pivot tables and V-Lookups
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating the job reference number AL5288.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.