Are you passionate about the quality of service you provide to your clients? Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career?
Slater and Gordon are currently recruiting for a talented, ambitious Fee Earner or Police Station Representatives with proven experience or a genuine interest in crime to be part of our dynamic, professional team based In Birmingham. There is the potential for one of these roles to be based in Cardiff.
Whether you’re looking to kick start your career or have a wealth of experience and knowledge and are ready for the next step we want to hear from you.
The work will primarily be focused on representing Police Officers facing criminal and misconduct allegations, with the potential to develop skills in a wider range of privately funded Criminal, Regulatory and Professional Disciplinary work.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive results we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors. If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- Working with the Police Federation
- Dealing with contentious criminal and disciplinary legal matters
- Ensure efficient file management including adherence to timescales; compliance with precedents, letters or documents on the case management system
- Participate and support senior fee earners in marketing opportunities including networking and contribution to blogs, media commentary etc within Slater and Gordon guidelines if required
- Ensure financial aspects of matters including time recording, billing and debtor management are managed to enable achievement of personal fee budget
- Knowledge and experience within a similar area of Law
- Police Station Accreditation will be essential
- The ability to successfully manage an individual billing target
- Experience of working to key performance indicators
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to work to the needs of the firm as and when required
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting JB 5024 in the subject line.