We have an exciting opportunity for a Risk Officer to join the team and provide support the development and management of risk governance activities across Slater and Gordon Group.
This is an exciting opportunity which offers exposure to a wide variety of risk, audit and compliance work. Group can effectively manage its risks and make better business decisions enabling company objectives to be achieved and high quality services to be delivered across all areas.
Responsibilities to include:
- Provide administrative and project management support in the implementation of the Group wide risk management programme (Group ERM)
- Work with 1st line risk teams to maintain risk and control self-assessment registers
- Support amalgamation of risk data to create a Group risk profile and monitor principal risks
- Work with the Head of Risk Governance to plan, prepare for and manage an annual schedule of reports and meetings across all 3 lines of defence
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Business Continuity plans
- Ensure records are kept up to date and provide document management coordination and support
- Diary management for reports and meetings/workshops with business units
- Track corrective action and improvement activities and post meeting actions to ensure implementation of decisions
- Coordinate the preparation and circulation of meeting agendas and formal reports
- Produce appropriate management information and contribute to the compilation of external reporting
- Assist in preparation of reports, management information and creation of slide packs for use by the various board, executive and committee meetings
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with ability to work flexibly in response to changing priorities
- A good self-manager who can take the initiative and be pro-active
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of the Microsoft packages specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
- Proficiency using technology to enhance working practices
- Minute taking and drafting experience
What we offer in return
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number GM5240.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.