We are currently looking for a legal assistant to join the Serious Injury department in Birmingham office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with legal experience and clerical support skills to gain experience in one of the UK’s largest Personal Injury firms.
Are you passionate about the quality of service you provide to your clients? Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
Responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring steps are run in order to correctly close files
- Dealing with incoming emails and acting upon the same appropriately
- Chasing relevant parties for required information in order to progress the claim
- Reception duties
- Dealing with post from internal system and relevant post
- Draft documents and assist with letter writing
- Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested
- Ensure all information on a case is accurately and promptly entered onto the database
- Strong interest in a legal career
- Efficient time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting reference JB 5519 in the subject line.