We have an exciting opportunity for an Assurance Officer to join the team and provide support to senior members of the Group Legal & Assurance function.
This is an exciting opportunity which offers exposure to a wide variety of risk, audit and compliance work. You will have a key role in ensuring the Group and its employees adhere to the relevant legal and regulatory requirements and that everyone provides the highest standard of service.
Responsibilities to include:
- Be an Ambassador for Risk and Assurance across the business
- Plan, schedule and deliver internal audit reviews of business functions identifying risks, development areas, areas of good practice and opportunities for improvement
- Assist in preparation of reports and practice improvement plans
- Communicate audit findings
- Build positive working relationships across the business
- Day to day administration of the Risk and Audit programme e.g. maintain risk and control registers, audit schedules and practice improvement plans
- Assist in putting together management information and creating slide packs for use by the various Group boards and executives
- Escalate any potential risk issues and assist with managing solutions
- Contribute to internal communications and training to enhance awareness and understanding of risks and controls across the business
- An understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and regulatory environment
- Take the initiative and be pro-active
- Highly organised with the ability to manage a workload
- A good self-manager
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Build strong relationships across the business
- Experience of engaging with senior stakeholders
- Ability to review, design and implement process improvements
- Excellent IT skills
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of the Microsoft packages specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency using technology to enhance working practices
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while demonstrating flexibility to adjust to changing work priorities
- A willingness to travel to other offices
What we offer in return
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number GM5109.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.