Dealing with insurance companies as a business when you have a dispute does not have to be a lengthy process. This process can be advanced with experienced legal representation and a team who are used to dealing with these matters in a practical, cost conscious way.
At Slater and Gordon we have an experienced team who can assist policyholders with insurance disputes. If you have had an insurance claim turned down we can help you by challenging your insurer’s decision to decline you cover.
To speak with one of our specialist team of insurance dispute claim solicitors call freephone 0800 916 9052 or contact us online.
We advise commercial policyholders in claims against insurers for all types of cover including property insurance and business interruption.
Why Slater and Gordon
We work closely with brokers and loss assessors and can offer assistance in relation to court proceedings and arbitrations, as well as in the initial stages of a claim including policy appeals, alternative dispute resolution and matters before the Financial Ombudsman Service.
We can offer assistance with funding claims. We have developed an innovative and flexible approach that gives clients certainty in relation to costs, reduced financial exposure and the ability to negotiate from a position of strength.
Recent law changes have made it easier to make a successful challenge against an insurer’s decision to decline cover. Insurance companies are known to unfairly decline cover by a reliance on exclusion causes and by their interpretation of the insurance policy. The most common reasons insurers deny policyholders cover are because of:
- Alleged fraud
- Breach of warranty
- Breach of conditions precedent
- Misrepresentation and non-disclosure
Recent Insurance Dispute Cases
- We acted in an insurance claim under a combined commercial policy involving issues of alleged previous fraudulent and exaggerated claims and non-disclosure of false statements to prior insurers.
- Acting in a multi-million pound claim under a jewellers block policy involving issues of alleged breach of conditions precedent including late notification of the claim.
- We acted for an insured party under a combined commercial policy involving issues of alleged material non-disclosure of working practices.
Call our specialist solicitors dealing with insurance disputes on freephone 0800 916 9052 or contact us online.
Slater and Gordon Lawyers is one of the UK's largest and well known law firms with offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Cambridge, Cardiff, Chester, Edinburgh, Leeds, Liverpool, Milton Keynes, Preston, Sheffield, Watford and Wrexham.