Slater & Gordon Lawyers, formerly Russell Jones & Walker - representing Prospect Trade Union for over 35 years
Welcome to the Prospect legal advice website. Slater & Gordon Lawyers, formerly Russell Jones & Walker, have been representing Prospect members for over 35 years. Working closely with Prospect, we have developed a service tailored to your needs. So you can be sure you are getting the best, high-quality legal advice. Whatever your legal problem, our experts will be able to help.
In conjunction with Prospect, Slater & Gordon Lawyers offer a range of legal services that are available to assist you in the course of your employment and in your everyday life.
Legal service available to Prospect members:
- Prospect Personal Injury Claimline 0800 587 4543 - a 24-hour telephone service for registering personal injury claims
- Prospect LegalLine 0800 328 7987 – a 24-hour telephone advice for advice on any non-work matters (such as family law, consumer rights or housing disputes)
We also offer:
- Clinical negligence advice
- Employment Issues
- A wills service – free ‘simple’ wills or special rates for more complex wills
- Advice on defamation – written advice on libel or slander issues
- Advice on criminal law – where the issue arises in the course of employment as a result of your official duties, and thereby placing your employment at risk
- Welfare benefits advice – including where appropriate representation at tribunals.
- These services are available to your partner, spouse or any financially dependant member of your immediate family.
Slater & Gordon, formerly Russell Jones & Walker, offers legal help to retired Prospect members can make use of the non-work related legal services offered but are not entitled to advice or assistance for work-related benefits such as advice on employment rights or personal injury arising through work.
Please note that not all services apply (or apply in the same way) to members living in the Isle of Man, Gibraltar or the Channel Islands owing to differences in legal systems. Check with Prospect for more information on services in these areas.