Road Traffic Collisions
If you’ve been involved in an incident with another vehicle on the road there are several steps which you should follow in order to increase your chance of making a successful claim.
- Never admit that it was your fault
- Note the driver’s name, address, vehicle registration number and insurance details
- Take names, telephone numbers and addresses of at least two witnesses
- Report the incident to the police
- If injured ensure that you seek medical advice from a hospital or your GP
- Photograph visible injuries
- Keep any damaged clothing and bike parts and try to obtain a written assessment of the damaged items
- If you incur any expenses as a direct result of the incident, make sure you keep a full record of these along with receipts where appropriate.
If you’re a CTC member and you cause a collision and a claim is being made against you, please call the CTC Incident Line.
Contact the CTC Incident Line 0844 736 8452
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Or start your claim using our simple online form.
It’s important that you give us as much information as possible at this initial stage, that way we can make a speedy but accurate assessment of how best to proceed.