Back to Our Experts
Paul KitsonPrincipal Lawyer, Personal Injury
Paul’s particular area of expertise lies in serious injury claims. This is a field which often involves very large sums of compensation and catastrophic and life-changing injuries.
Paul handles his clients with sensitivity and compassion and has considerable experience tackling everything from amputation, spine and brain injury cases through to road traffic accidents, sports injuries and claims involving accidents abroad.
He also has considerable experience of handling high value fatal accident claims.
Paul is particularly known as a cycle injury lawyer and as a result he is Slater and Gordon’s principal lawyer for the CTC, the UK's national cycling charity.
In this role Paul has worked with the CTC on a number of campaigns including the "2 Way Street" campaign with Gail Porter calling for greater training and understanding between lorry drivers and cyclists
He has also worked on the Road Justice campaign calling for improvements to the Justice system’s handling of cases involving bad driving.
- Fatal accidents
- Brain injury
- Spine injury
- Cycling accidents
- Road traffic accidents
- Sports injuries (football, cycling, skiing, hockey, rugby)
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: "Paul Kitson focuses on catastrophic injury claims, and has particular expertise in cases arising from cycling accidents. Sources note his handling of especially high-value claims and his ability in dealing with clients".
- Legal 500: "Paul Kitson is a skilled tactician with superb judgement".
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon
- Former committee member of the British Association for Sport and the Law
- Former London regional coordinator of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL)
Recent Testimonials for Paul Kitson
“Attention to detail and thoroughness throughout. Well done. Being able to talk and deal with one person - Paul Kitson (and his 'helpers') throughout either by phone or letter was all very much appreciated.”
Read All Slater & Gordon Testimonials
“The service relieved a great deal of my stress, knowing that my claim was being dealt with by someone really committed and very approachable and also recommended by the CTC. All my contacts by letter or telephone were conducted in a clear manner.”