Back to Our Experts
Jeremy Clarke-WilliamsPractice Group Leader, Media Libel & Privacy
Jeremy is a Media Libel and Privacy Lawyer at Slater and Gordon in London.
He is the head of the media libel and privacy department.
His expertise covers defamation, misuse of private information, confidentiality, data protection, media litigation, and reputation management.
During his career he has successfully represented clients against virtually every national newspaper and broadcaster in the UK, as well as a wide array of local papers, magazines, radio stations, book publishers and private individuals.
He acts for the members, officials and head offices of trade unions, membership organisations, staff associations and the Police Federation as well as for many private individuals from all walks of life.
His practice covers both claimant and defendant work.
Jeremy regularly advises on the complex and developing area of defamation and the misuse of private information published on the internet.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: “Clients enthuse about working with someone who is the king of under-promise and over-deliver. His disarmingly mild manner masks a brilliant and decisive legal brain."
- Legal 500 2015: "unparalleled experience is combined with calm common sense"
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Jeremy "showed a level of compassion and care that was far beyond what I would ever have expected," comments one client, who adds: "This, along with his clear expertise in his field, is his greatest strength and is echoed throughout his team."
- Since 1986 Slater and Gordon
- An Accredited Mediator since 2007 who regularly conducts mediations in that capacity
- A member of the Civil Mediation Council
- Member of the Law Society’s Defamation Pre-action Protocol Committee
- Member of the Law Society’s Defamation Reference Group.
- Member of the Early Resolution Procedure Committee
- Founding member of Lawyers for Media Standards, a body promoting access to justice in publication claims
- Member of the London Solicitors’ Litigation Association