Fractures and injuries to bones, joints and ligaments are managed by orthopaedic surgeons. We have won damages in claims for clinical negligence in many cases arising from errors in the treatment of these injuries.
Sometimes fractures can be missed by doctors. This may be because they carry out inadequate examinations, or because fractures are missed on X-rays. Sometimes mistakes are made by inexperienced doctors in Accident & Emergency departments.
Slater & Gordon Lawyers have successfully handled cases where:
• A fractured hip was left undiagnosed for two weeks
• Fractured vertebrae were not diagnosed because X-rays were not done
• A fractured scaphoid was missed because the right X-rays were not done
• A fractured talus was missed although it was clearly visible on X-rays
• Doctors failed to diagnose a fractured patella because they did not arrange X-rays.
Errors in surgery
Other problems arise when surgery is done inadequately. Recent successful cases include:
• Hip replacement claims where the wrong component was used or the component incorrectly fitted
• Knee replacement claims where the prosthesis was fitted wrongly
• Ligament reconstruction operations where grafts were wrongly placed
• Bunion surgery and operations to straighten toes being done badly.
Speak to one of our expert orthopaedic injury claims solicitors
Please call 0800 916 9049, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the short online enquiry form and we will contact you. We can advise you on the process for bringing an orthopaedic injury claim, and explain your funding options and any time constraints that you need to bear in mind when bringing a claim.